Monday, July 12, 2010

My Dreamy Creamy Greeny Shawl

Have you ever felt the yarn made of Alpaca wool and silk? Today, I did, and ooooh, is it soft and cozy.
My friend Sylvia, an amazing knitter, offered to make me a meditation shawl, as payment for an oboe I had given her. Sylvia is both an oboist and an oboe teacher.
My oboe was sitting in our coat closet for years, and I decided it needed to be played. More than 20 years ago, I flirted with the idea of learning the oboe. I soon learned it was one of the hardest wind instruments to master.
Today, Sylvia dropped over and draped me. I am such a nut for Prima Vera...Spring Green. Without knowing it, Sylvia picked the color, based on having this special yarn available. What a fun surprise. I plan on wrapping up tonight and meditating...with the support of Alpacas, silk worms, Sylvia the knitter, oboes and oboists!

No comments:

Post a Comment