Monday, February 14, 2011

Live Every Day As Valentine's Day

Being out of the country for three months, I didn’t miss US television (just American Idol!) When I did get a chance to watch a few shows here, I noticed something that really bugs me. So many programs feature people judging each other, and judging each other horribly!

On Biggest Loser, I saw people vote their friends off the show. On the political talk shows, I listened to politicians bash each other. Even on Idol, it is painful to see young singers crushed by criticism.

Somehow, we Americans have decided it is okay to publicly put each other down. What happened to the Golden Rule, “Treat others as you would like to be treated”? Or “Love one another, as you love yourself?”

Of all my Valentine wishes, I pray we continue to support each other, praise each other, thank each other, count on each other. Our lives are too short to be divided or in conflict. I think we all agree, that whether at work or home or at the store, being kind to one another is the best practice.

I believe we are here to love. Love ourselves, our families, our friends and in fact, love everyone who shares our day. Love shows up as kindness, courtesy, honesty, respect and positive energy. May your every day be Valentine’s Day. (Pictured here with a friend on my birthday.)

No comments:

Post a Comment