Verify Your Humanity ?
I enrolled in a neat new website (seems like it is also a blog) called http://www.librarything.com/.
On it, I found wonderful recommendations on books to read, complete with reviews. A fun way to meet others who are reading the books I am reading, discover similar, satisfying works.
When signing up, I had to punch in some letters, to assure the domain that I wasn't a robot or spamming robojoiner...hence the webmaster's requesting phrase, VERIFY YOUR HUMANITY.
The request made me think: How Do I Verify My Humanity....beyond just correctly typing a letter jumble?
MY LIST, TO DATE
- Looking people in the eye and greeting them with a smile.
- Saying thank you.
- Avoiding gossip.
- Offering to share what I have.
- Cleaning up after myself.
- Keeping my word.
- Noticing injustice, and seeking to rectify it.
- Appreciating goodness and beauty.
- Approaching each day as a friend.
That's the start of my Humanity Verification list. What's on yours?