Saturday, December 11, 2010

Verifying My Humanity

Have you run across this phrase:

Verify Your Humanity ?

I enrolled in a neat new website (seems like it is also a blog) called http://www.librarything.com/.

On it, I found wonderful recommendations on books to read, complete with reviews. A fun way to meet others who are reading the books I am reading, discover similar, satisfying works.

When signing up, I had to punch in some letters, to assure the domain that I wasn't a robot or spamming robojoiner...hence the webmaster's requesting phrase, VERIFY YOUR HUMANITY.

The request made me think: How Do I Verify My Humanity....beyond just correctly typing a letter jumble?

MY LIST, TO DATE


  • Looking people in the eye and greeting them with a smile.
  • Saying thank you.
  • Avoiding gossip.
  • Offering to share what I have.
  • Cleaning up after myself.
  • Keeping my word.
  • Noticing injustice, and seeking to rectify it.
  • Appreciating goodness and beauty.
  • Approaching each day as a friend.
  • Loving.
That's the start of my Humanity Verification list. What's on yours?

1 comment:

  1. What a thoughtful post! I would add, "Forgiving others when they sin against me."
    Blessings,
    Dawn B.

    ReplyDelete