Thursday, March 18, 2010

Preparing for Exam...Prayers Welcome

Dear Ones:
As you know, I have been focused since September 2008 on becoming licensed to manage a nursing home, sometimes called a long term care facility.
With my life experience, and having completed a 1000+ hour plus internship at dear Union House Nursing Home in my Glover, Vermont, village, I turned my attention to the national nursing home administrator examination.

Since late November 2009, I have been studying the comprehensive materials I purchased to prepare for the exam. I must have a working knowledge of five main domains: environment, human resources, finance/business, patient care/aging, management.

I have read the 658 page book, and am almost done making note cards for further study...more than 350 cards in the end. Working with these cards will be my final stage of study, reviewing and reviewing the data, some of it very specific, such as fire wall ratings, specific public laws, and accounting procedures.

With full approval from the professional regulation division of the Vermont Secretary of State's office, I am taking the exam here in Florida. My plan is to take this three hour exam on April 7 at 11:30 a.m. est...AND PASS IT WITH EASE AND GRACE! WOO HOO! Can you visualize this moment with me? I have spent Lent so absorbed in this project, I decided it would be great to sit for the exam after Easter. And seven is such a good number!

Upon return to Vermont in early May, I will study for and also pass the Vermont state portion of the licensing exam. Yes!

With all this achieved, I await the next phase of my life adventure.

Please understand I might not post much for awhile, as I am so focused on study. You can picture me here on my back porch, with a cup of tea or coffee, my beautiful orchid, and my ever-loyal Cindygirl, our two and a half year old Havanese. I have good company. Thanks for your support.

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely picture. The prayers are in the mail. You have so much experience it will all come to you. ME

    ReplyDelete
  2. you will do fine on the test.. us "older" folks do well on tests.. haha

    i will remember april 7th..

    john

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Bethany

    Our new chance meeting allows me the chance to add my prayers and good wishes to others for easy sailing on your exam tomorrow. If you think you might be interested in managing a LTC facility in VT, do let me know. My wonderful girl friend from college is "connected" and originally from FL, too. Sharon

    ReplyDelete