Saturday, January 19, 2008

Helping Children in Hyderabad

*Update*: Videos


Mother's home printing business started by CFCA CFCA supports families by helping mothers learn and practice a trade. We visited Grace Printing, and saw how one mother is making beautiful screened business cards, invitations and other announcements with her simple printing process. This video was taken in the family's living room, where Mom's business operates. (added Jan. 24, 2008; finally was able to upload.)


New Combs at Child Haven in Hyderabad.



Original post
:

In early January, I visited Child Haven International, an orphanage in Hyderabad. My travel companion was Paige Byrne Shortal of St. Louis, Mo. Many of you have purchased a used sari from me over the past four years, which I have sold to raise funds for CHI, a Canadian nonprofit. See www.childhaven.ca.

I took pictures of the children making a kolam (rangoli) (colored rice powder art on the ground or pavement), flying kits and enjoying the gifts we brought.

As part of our journey to Hyderabad, we also visited some of the projects operated by my most favorite charity, Care Foundation for Children and Aging (CFCA). Learn more at www.cfcausa.com.

I urge you to treat yourself to sponsoring a child, you will change many lives, including your own. Thurmond, my mother and I sponsor both children and elders through CFCA and are thrilled to learn how our monthly contribution makes such a difference.





No comments:

Post a Comment