Thursday, January 17, 2008

Welcome One and All

Greetings from Sunny Bangalore, my winter Garden of Eden!

I’m happy you have stopped by my Tenderlovingcalling blog, a replacement for my old Tender Loving Calling website.

With the indispensable, invaluable help of my equally trusty (and not too old!) friend, Morgan Brown, I am stepping into the blog world.

Why?

Because at this moment in my life, I want to communicate more promptly and efficiently with you, and email is no longer realistic. I find many readers are asking me similar questions about India and my life here, and a blog seems to be tailormade for such exchanges. So, welcome to my blog, and if you are like me, to the blog world.

Until mid May 2008, I am living in India, teaching and studying yoga, as well as working with a publisher to release the Indian edition of my book, Armchair Yoga: All the Benefits Without the Floor. Chandrakanta “YogaSir” Lakhera of Jhansi (northern India) my yoga master contributed to this text, and we are very enthusiastic about its release. I am grateful to Geetha Naresh of Niranjana, a new spiritual library and publishing house in Bangalore, for taking a chance with this book.

For several months after I leave Bangalore I will be volunteering at the Jag Clinic in Mysore, teaching yoga, giving massages and learning about other healing modalities from Dr. Jag. The clinic serves the poor, free of charge. Check out
www.jagtherapy.com.

Periodically, I feel called to write an essay about an Indian experience, event or epiphany. You can find these essays right here, and post your comments or questions here, too. I am most hopeful faithful friends and readers, as well as new friends and readers, will regard this technology just like our familiar emails: personal, intimate and honest.

May the New Year be a time of prosperity and creativity in your life, and peace and goodwill ‘round the world.

Love and prayers,
Bethany

2 comments:

  1. What an interesting blog Bethany! Thank you for sharing. Keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although the one (1) year anniversary of your blog has come and gone without notice by you and others Bethany, I just wanted to congratulate you on a good year of blogging. You took to blogging rather well, just like I figured you would.

    ReplyDelete