Monday, May 26, 2008

Back in the Green Mountains

Again relying on the kindness of strangers, I flew across the friendly skies Sunday. Traveling from my parents' home in Michigan, via Chicago and Baltimore, back to Burlington, Vermont...and into the waiting arms of dear friends, Clint and Marion Stevens, I was dropped off 12 hours later at Shantivanam, our Peace Forest in Glover. So grand to be back home with my dear husband and doggies. Lots of loving to catch up on. We are blanketed in gratitude.

As a Memorial Day Weekend traveler, I met wonderful parents, indifferent parents and tired parents. I met the same categories of children, not necessarily in matched sets! Also witnessed an Attitude Face Off between a cranky passenger and a depressed airline employee...a real meltdown. In such moments, we send METTA...burning love radiating from the chest, to the entire room. I've seen it work many times, once in Hyderabad I sent METTA from a second floor apartment, to an angry motorcycle-car collision below. We watched the two drivers part with smiles.

In Baltimore, I met this stainless steel lady who directed me to the restroom! I couldn't resist having my picture taken with her, such an icon for the full bladdered. Did you know that the police ride bicycles in this airport? So cool.

We are about to march into a Vermont June, in all its green glory. My 85 year old Father is having some fairly routine surgery June 1; I ask praying friends the world 'round to remember Roger and his great team of health care professionals. May he be home and healing and pain free soon. And may my Mother feel worry-free throughout.

Another quote from this epic I'm reading, Shantaram (which means Man of Peace): "The real trick in life is to want nothing and to succeed in getting it." May we all succeed in this pursuit, and feel great happiness. I send love to all readers, especially my Indian friends I was with just two weeks ago.

1 comment: