Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back in the USA!

Dear friends, I am sitting on the sofa in my parents' home, in Kalamazoo, Michigan, enjoying re-entry into the United States. Thanks to all for your good wishes for a safe trip back, I had just that. And all of the lovely treasures I packed in my suitcases arrived in tact, too.

Spring is here, lots of trees in flower and flowers ready to bloom.
Wanted to share this lovely quote from the Buddhist monk, Thich Nhat Hanh. I found it on the back of the menu at the Tranquilitea Tea Shop, at the front of the farm where I lived in Bangalore. On my last day in India, I sat with my friends Raj and Veera at the tea shop, where we toasted my departure with cold, peach flavored ice tea.

"Drink your tea reverently and slowly, as if is the axis on which the world revolves---slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future. Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life."

3 comments:

  1. thanks so much for all you've shared bethany. i looked forward to the updates. glad your back home safe. it will be readjustment back to the culture here again. namaste. liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome home bethany..

    here is a quote for you:

    When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.
    Francois de La Rochefoucauld (1613 - 1680)

    ReplyDelete