Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Make a Beautiful Smile on Your Face

I am living in a land of many many languages; I think there are 26 recognized in the Indian Constitution. And unfortunately I speak just one, English. My friend, Sujata, speaks at least four, the local Indian dialects specific to individual states.

Last week at Yoga University, I heard such far flung languages as Japanese and German, with close to 500 students from all over the world on campus. In the 6 a.m. yoga class, my teacher Naryan would often say, "Make a beoooooootiful smile on your face and feel the relaxation!" This cute phase would always stretch my broad grin a bit more. So sweet.
But perhaps the most satisfying interaction I enjoyed involved the communication skills of Razeena and Ramia (left and right, pictured here) the two talented massage therapists who pampered me with warm oil Abhyanga massages and steam baths. "Ahhhh" is all I could say. A certified Abhyanga masseuse myself, it was fantastic to be the body on the table. No spoken language was required.
Is it my imagination, or is there a red heart dripping down the inside of that steam box??? Like the heart that appeared in my coffee cup earlier this month?


Rest assured, I made an especially beooooooooootiful smile on my face during the massage sessions. Do I dare admit I had a massage every day? Yup!

No comments:

Post a Comment