Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Dinner at Orchid Lake Travel Park


Your Bethany is in Paradise!
This morning, dear friend Marion took me to Three Sisters, a wonderful fresh vegetable market.

With our Vermont garden long gone by, it was amazing to see tables and tables of fresh tomatoes, romaine lettuce, spinach, celery, artichokes, carrots, sweet potatoes, green beans, garlic, onions, cabbage, green peppers, parsley...plus homemade feta cheese, fresh shredded parmasan and oh boy, giant Florida avocado. I bought all of the above.

In short...I'm on a Vegetarian High! Tonight, I steamed some green beans, crumbled feta and sliced a tomato. Wish you were here.

Beyond shopping and eating today(!)I also enjoyed two walks, finished unpacking my bags and getting reacquainted with neighbors. At the Park library, I found a book called, Eat and Heal, by Frank W. Cawood and Associates. In it, I learned of the American Institute for Cancer Research (ACIR) creating a healthy eating plan called The New American Plate: "Vegetables, fruits, whole grains and beans cover two-thirds or more of this plate." (page 3)

Having lived as a vegetarian for nearly 20 years now (hard to believe), this plate is most familiar, and here in Florida, it is absolutely bliss to fill it daily. Thank you, Florida farmers.

p.s. the grapefruit came right off the tree in my side yard. Another big thank you, to God Almighty!

No comments:

Post a Comment