Thursday, April 16, 2009

Looking for a New Job with Meaning?

In my latest post within the ongoing dialogue that started in an April 6 post, I reference two of my favorite models for living and working in community.

With many Americans looking for work these days, perhaps a position of service is worth considering? I find great meaning and sustenance through giving, and recommend it highly to those who are ready for something different.

L'Arche and Camphill are the two communities I regard and recommend with great affection. Each actually has many separate entities around the world, and are designed to serve those labeled developmentally disabled.

One model is a more overtly spiritually-based community than the other; both are beautifully uplifting and grounded in a deep reverence for human beings and their right to dignity.

Check them out!

L'Arche



Camphill Communities

No comments:

Post a Comment